Here is a link to a post on the Next Church blog entitled “A Child Speaks About Church.” It’s succinct and thought-provoking, and encouraging for congregations who are longing to engage children and young people and their families fully in the life of the church. Authors Steve Lindsley and Lynn Turnage wrote it from a child’s point of view.
Among its points:
- Just tell the Bible story. Fancy bells and whistles aren’t necessary.
- Cultivate friendships between adults and children and the church.
- Pastors and children need to spend time together.
- Let children help with the responsibilities in church’s ministries.
- Keep families and all ages together in the worship service. Children actually want to be there.
Go read the whole thing!
For further reading, click on the category “Children in the Church” in the sidebar to the right.